ATTENTION GMS COUGARS: We need your help! Please assist Peer Counseling in taking a five question Project BRAIN survey, so that our school wins a prize. Currently, GMS is in the lead for the county!! Click on the link. It only takes two minutes of your time. Deadline to take the survey is November 21, 2014
2014 Harvest Drive Collection
Don’t forget the competition rules:
• Only five weeks left to collect food.
• The first period classes with the most items collected will be provided with a breakfast, per grade level.
• A SPECIAL Prize will be provided to the winning first period teachers (per grade level).
• At the end of each week, Peer Counselors will collect & tally your food items. Please sort food so Peer Counselors don't disrupt your class.
• Any items from the Harvest Drive List will be accepted at anytime.
Anyone who knows, or has reasonable cause to suspect, that a child is abused, abandoned or neglected must report such knowledge or suspicion to the Florida Abuse Hotline at 1-800-962-2873.
PROTECTION OF PUPIL RIGHTS AMENDMENT (PPRA) NOTICE
Pursuant to the Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment (PPRA) (20 USC §1232h; 34 CFR Part 98), parents, guardians, or eligible students (over the age of 18 or emancipated) have certain rights pertaining to surveys, the collection and use of information for marketing purposes, and certain physical exams.
Free Tutoring - eTutor provides free online homework help through live chat with a certified tutor from 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. seven days a week. Broward eTutor also offers practice tests available online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The service is available to anyone with a Broward County library card. To obtain a free Broward County library card, visit your local public library. You may also access BEEP through the Links section of our website.